United Duel Academy
This academy is closed. Please register at the new academy: Ragnarok Turbo Academy:
http://ragnarokturboacademy.forumotion.com/

There are strength in numbers!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Donate to UDA
visitor Counter

Website Counter
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» I Miss This Place. - 12/21/12
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:42 pm by 12/21/12

» anyone Still Here.
Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 pm by deathclaw117

» More active users ._.
Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm by Obsidian Shi En

» Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech OTK
Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:47 am by 4naro

» This is a real life casual play deck of mine any suggestions
Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:44 pm by Entr0py

» Need help asap please
Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 pm by Entr0py

» To all new users!
Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 am by Obsidian Shi En

» Goodbye UDA
Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:00 am by Entr0py

» The Amazing D-B Here
Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 pm by The Amazing D-B

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 pm
Playlist

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
June 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

September BANLIST 2012.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: September BANLIST 2012.   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:19 am

Okay so, i want to know all of your suggestions and input on the SEPTEMBER BANLIST of 2012

Here are my thoughts:

1) RESCURE RABBIT - This is really obvious but rescue rabbit is a pain in the ass no matter how you look at it, and yes with priority gone its not AS good but still, Either needs to be BANNED or LIMITED.

2) INZEKTOR HORNET - Everyone hates this card, being able to summon dragonfly, equip from graveyard or hand then popping a card and special summoning centipede then doing it all over again! BANNED, LIMITED or SEMI-LIMITED.

3)WIND UP HUNTER - To be honest, i use to really like wind ups before i knew they were top tier and before i knew about WIND UP HUNTER, he makes the loop possible and its what makes that deck REALLY good. People run them in one so i think it should be BANNED.

4) FIVE-HEADED DRAGON - I think that this card should be banned because of CHAOS DRAGONS. Being able to set up your graveyard with five cards that pretty much wins the game is OP. I'm not saying FUTURE FUSION because that card can be used for so much more. It's just over powered in CHAOS DRAGONS. So definitely BANNED.

5) SUPER POLYMERIZATION - This is really obvious, BEing able to take one of your opponents monsters to use it as a fusion material, Stupid. BUT, that's not the bad part, not being able to REACT to the card with SPELLS OR TRAPS is ridiculous. That's what really makes it OVER POWERED. (I guess you can discard one card for MIRACLE FUSION which doesn't help the apposing player). BANNED or LIMITED for sure.

Those are my main thoughts for now! What are yours?

Back to top Go down
! Xyz Master !
Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points (DP) : 1355

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:31 am

This is the perfect banlist in my opinion but I think that brionac will also go so Konami could make sure synchros are resting in peace

Duel Points (DP) : 220

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 am

I like

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Entr0py
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Duel Points (DP) : 110

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:52 am

this would be the ideal list. sadly it will more likely not be met since konami tend to make their list not based on players but on what they are trying to promote at the time of release.

super poly while being very good, hasn't been in the top tables that much yet so its a bit questionable. i might have to add in red-eyes darkness along with BLS to the banned list for being over powered atk and effect-wise and easily summoned.

the list is very reasonable and i approve.

Last edited by Entr0py on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:00 am

BLX isnt a big threat anymore. in comparison he's easy to get rid of.

Heros have topped YCS because of SUPER POLY,
Back to top Go down
Obsidian Shi En
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points (DP) : 10000

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:47 am

Super Poly wont get touched and neither will anything for heroes, rabbit will prolly get semi-limited, red-eyes might get semi limited or limited, future fusion wont get hit, heavy storm might get hit and harpie's feather duster maybe brought back, hornet will prolly get semi limited and centipede limited or semi- limited, wind-up hunter might get limited.

axelablaze
Tester
Tester

Duel Points (DP) : 400

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:23 pm

For the most part, I don't agree with this list. Of the 5 cards you mentioned, I only see Wind-Up Hunter being banned to get rid of the loop. Other than that, I'd also like to see 5-headed banned as well to get rid of the Chaos Dragon dump for game, but Konami could very well just ban Future Fusion instead even though 5-headed is the card that's really causing the problem.

Here's what I think should happen:

Ban:

- Final Countdown - The deck just needs to die. Nobody likes it and it just makes the game unbearable. Burn it with fire.
- Sangan - Now you may be thinking this is crazy, but this card should go especially if they're not touching Tour Guide. One XYZ summon or search could instantly change a game and that's just ridiculous. Ban.
- Wind-Up Hunter - Reasons stated above
- 5-Headed Dragon - Reasons stated above

Limit:

- Inzektor Dragonfly - This is the real problem with the deck and the one responsible for the OTK. Yes, Hornet is the ammunition, but Dragonfly is the one that REALLY makes it broken. Limit it to one.
- Evolzar Laggia - You were onto something with Rabbit, but our bunny friend isn't the problem. THIS is. Instant Solemn Judgment for the bunnies is obnoxious. This won't kill the deck, but it will bring it down a bit.
- Leviair Dragon - Another crazy pick right? No. The fact that it can easily recycle removed from play cards from either player (especially Rabbit) makes this card limit worthy in my opinion.
- Trishula - One of the victims of the Synchro genocide. Keep Glow-up banned, but Trishula can come back.
- Spore - Same with Trishula. Spore isn't as bad as Glow-up Bulb.
- Hieratic Dragon King of Atum - For those of you that don't think Hieratics aren't difficult to beat without Gustaph Max are wrong. This card is perfectly capable of pulling off an FTK/OTK without it thanks to this card. Put it to one and there will be some more balance.
- Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger - This card is a huge plus card. Getting off an Atum or Exa-Beetle effect and then bringing out this guy is obnoxious. Limit this card.

Semi-Limit:

- Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon - The card is way too easy to get out, but it's stoppable. If not semi-limited this thing should get limited to tone it down a bit.
- Lightpulsar Dragon - Another card that's way too easy to get out and creates a loop too. Just killed REDMD? This card brings it back and vice-versa. Semi or limit it.
- Snoww, Unlight of Darkworld - I don't think that Darkworlds should go untouched because they've proved to be problematic in the past as well. This card searches out the most important parts of the deck, so semi-limiting it should bring down its speed a bit.
- Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan - Six Sam spam anyone? You only need one Six Sam on the filed and you could potentially special summon all 3 Kizans in the deck. If the Six Sam spells are there too that's even more troublesome. Semi-limit it.
- Super Polymerization - Honestly, I don't see this card even getting semi-limited because Konami loves Heroes, but this is where this card would be if anything. It's not as broken as everyone would like to think. Yes, you can use this card to fuse almost any 2 monsters, but there's the cost of discarding a card and the chance to still be the victim of Bottomless, Dark Hole or anything else. There's lots of ways to stop this card before AND after it's activated. I'd know. I use Heroes. lol.
- Black Whirlwind - Tell me this card is as bad as Wind-Up Factory or any of the Six Sam spells. It's not. Let the Blackwings breathe again.
- Infernity Launcher - This is just a personal wish. Nothing more. I'd like to see how Infernities would match up to the meta now.

This is what I feel should happen with the list. Feel free to agree or disagree with me. The object of this list is to FIX what Konami did to the Meta. This list is meant to try and bring balance to the different decks - NOT to outright kill them (like Konami has done in the past with Blackwings, Infernities, etc.). I want a balanced meta where everyone can play and have a shot at winning - NOT just the people that shell out hundreds of dollars for a Tier 1/0 deck or play a generic auto-run deck that they make using 3 copies of a structure deck and a few other cards.

That being said I'm also taking a break from Yu-Gi-Oh! in real-life until this is all fixed. I want to play Yu-Gi-Oh! that requires skill again and not auto-running. I'll still be playing online, but it's break time for locals and that.

Current Decks:
Ninja Heroes
Mermail Atlanteans
Dragunity
T.G. Rock Stun
Warrior XYZ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Chevalier
Tester
Tester

Duel Points (DP) : 470

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:41 pm

I will agree with axel. They won't touch hornet, they will ban/limit the card that benefits from it the most. ex; Dragonfly.

Also they might not hit it this list but as you keep telling me 12 is that ninja hieratics keep toping everywhere. I believe they will either hit the ninja's or hieratics.

Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

Duel Points (DP) : 285

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 pm

I feel like 5 header should only be limited to 1 per deck, I never have a problem with em :/ They are a little OP but no reason to be completely banned. Maybe I am just saying this because they are not that hard to stop for me.

Whats the point of fighting if you don't lose a few, why fight if you got no challenge, only those who fight to become better than someone else are those who shall only face me, don't even come to me and disgrace me if you can't even put up a challenge. Those who give up are better off dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Chevalier
Tester
Tester

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:53 pm

deathclaw117 wrote:
I feel like 5 header should only be limited to 1 per deck, I never have a problem with em :/ They are a little OP but no reason to be completely banned. Maybe I am just saying this because they are not that hard to stop for me.
It isn't him that people worry about. it is when future fusion is used to set their grave the way they want it. That is like a foolish burial x5, they don't care about the monster at all if it does it the field it is just a bonus

Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Hmm I see that now, but still as a Dragon only user... not being able to use this card at all makes my soul cry...

Whats the point of fighting if you don't lose a few, why fight if you got no challenge, only those who fight to become better than someone else are those who shall only face me, don't even come to me and disgrace me if you can't even put up a challenge. Those who give up are better off dead.

Last edited by deathclaw117 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gioperd115
Tester
Tester

Duel Points (DP) : 690

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:06 pm

dude Konami is a business so they wont hit stuff that do XYZ like rescue rabbit and scince inzektor dont fit in nothing no synchro and some xyz but you never use them, so my guess is that they will still hit heavy synchro deck just to make you buy xyz i mean maybe they will limit rescue rabbit im not sure bc is heavy xyz monster but you never know hopefully they hit the inzektors hopefully lol bc everybody hates inzektors and some of the dragons. so lets not think that yugioh is a democracy bc is not is a buisness so they want people to buy xyz cards so thats my opinion and hopefully you agree

Tester
Tester

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:34 pm

While it's true that Konami wants to make money they also have to realize that if they don't fix things with the September ban list then they will lose a lot of their fan base and revenue. Nobody is going to want to keep playing the game if it means having to play the same broken decks with no chance of winning. Also, the latest Gold Series was another example of a Konami screw-up. There were only a handful of good cards in the set and the rest was a bunch of terrible reprints including the reprint king himself, Utopia. I think that's why they're trying to make things up with the Dolkka tin and the Zenmaines reprints.

Also, in response to Ice, Ninja Hieratics? Really? Regardless, I still believe they'd hit Atum over anything else.

Current Decks:
Ninja Heroes
Mermail Atlanteans
Dragunity
T.G. Rock Stun
Warrior XYZ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 am

NOBODY TOUCHES ATUM OR GAIA!

THEYRE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TOP TIER (hieratics)

SO LAY OFF.

If they get limited or banned im quitting yugioh.
Back to top Go down
deathclaw117
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 am

lol calm down 12. I dont want 5-header to get banned but it wont make me rage XD

I seen the power of heiratics though... I do kinda agree there OP... sorry if I betrayed you XD

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 am

You're dead to me.
lol
Back to top Go down
Ice Chevalier
Tester
Tester

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:44 am

Hey ninjas in anything they can support become scary. Trust me I mix ninja with anything I can work with.

Tester
Tester

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:47 am

The only reason why I put down Atum and Thunder Charger on the list is because Konami likes to either cripple or kill off OTK and loop decks. Fish and Frogs are two examples of OTK capable decks that were crippled by the ban list. That's why I put those 2 cards on the list along with cards like Inzektor Dragonfly, Wind-Up Hunter, and REDMD.

Also, Hieratics did make top 32 in the US Nationals, so the potential is there. They also topped at my locals on Saturday. They might not be a huge threat now (and I don't know how they are in Japan yet), but the possibility is there.

It's just an analysis with nothing personal behind it. If the cards aren't touched then they're not touched. I'm just making my analysis based on previous ban lists, the current meta, and cards to be released in the future along with analyses by other duelists around the internet.

Current Decks:
Ninja Heroes
Mermail Atlanteans
Dragunity
T.G. Rock Stun
Warrior XYZ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Chevalier
Tester
Tester

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:59 am

Truthfully I don't care if they hit dragonfly I'd rather have a centipede on the field.

And it's cards that lead to otk's is what they hit. So it would be Atum or the other ones that start the loop. Not the ones it ends with like gaia. Red eyes probably won't be hit because he makes most disaster or basic dragon decks. But looking at it on how many decks he can be put in would make people think he is a major target for a banlist.

The way I see it, It would be carrier that they would hit other then hunter. Carrier is the one that starts it and works the loop.

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:13 am

They would hit whats top tier and what's been winning. NOT HIERATICS.
Back to top Go down
Ice Chevalier
Tester
Tester

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:17 am

12/21/12 wrote:
They would hit whats top tier and what's been winning. NOT HIERATICS.

I'm not saying they will hit Atum but realistically they would hit him over Red-eyes.

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 am

Obsiously but they shouldnt.
It not overpowered OTK. It can be stopped, you just have to have enough skill to overcome those weaknesses. Like you always say when helping me build a deck, What's its weakness? then i look at the weakness and figure out a way out of it. That's what i say to everyone i help make a deck with now as well. So, Hieratic OTK Shouldnt get hit because it's easily taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Ice Chevalier
Tester
Tester

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:28 am

There are many cards that can stop the inzektor OTK, but yet you guys think they will hit Dragonfly.
The inzektor dragonfly will not be hit because it is a key to the otk. It because it allows so much recovery ability. If a hieratic deck gets a successful Atum at anytime can set up for the win. It is because Atum has that much ability that they would and may hit him. It doesn't matter how powerful the OTK is it is how well the card affects the game, how it plays in the loops and if it is a key component of a major strategy. That is what people base their guesses for the banlist. May even be why axel picked the cards that he did.

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:33 am

Did you not understand anything i just said? Sure it has potential to be banned or limited but its not as much of a threat as DRAGONFLY. Who the hell uses the Inzektor OTK anyways? Nobody. it hasnt gone anywhere in the Tier sets.
Back to top Go down
Ice Chevalier
Tester
Tester

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:27 pm

I understand what you are saying. I was just pointing out that it's not just because of the otk that he would be hit there are other reasons. I've played inzektors for a while now, and I understand how a dragonfly can change the whole game if you top deck it or manage to get it to the field without normal summon. (ex; monster reborn) I have seen others duel with inzektors and I can tell you the OTK for inzektors is still used a lot.

PostSubject: Re: September BANLIST 2012.   

Back to top Go down

September BANLIST 2012.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next